They have large colonies, an even larger queen, and a humongous appetite for whatever you leave lying around uncovered. That’s right, ants. A common problem for homeowners everywhere, it can be hard to totally wipe them off your property, but there are actions that can be taken if they are creating unsightly mounds on your lawn or marching their way indoors foraging for food. Thankfully, by putting Truckee Meadows Pest Control in your contacts, we will always be one call away from protecting your home from an ant invasion.
Schedule one of our Reno pest experts for ant control services by dialing (775) 535-5788 or completing our simple online form. We provide free estimates for all and offer special discounts for seniors and military members!
Why Choose Truckee Meadows Pest Control for Your Ant Control Needs
When it comes to effective ant control, Truckee Meadows Pest Control is the trusted choice for homeowners in Reno, NV. Our team of experienced professionals is dedicated to providing top-notch service and ensuring your home remains ant-free.
Here are some reasons why you should choose us:
- Expertise: Our technicians have extensive knowledge and experience in dealing with ant infestations. We stay up-to-date with the latest ant control methods and use the most effective products to eliminate ants from your home.
- Customized Solutions: We understand that every ant infestation is unique. That's why we tailor our ant control solutions to meet the specific needs of your home. Whether you're dealing with Argentine ants, carpenter ants, or any other ant species, we have the expertise to handle it.
- Safe and Eco-Friendly: At Truckee Meadows Pest Control, we prioritize the safety of your family and pets. We use eco-friendly ant control products that are effective in eliminating ants while minimizing any harm to the environment.
- Long-Term Results: Our goal is to provide long-term ant control solutions. We don't just eliminate the ants you see; we also target their nests to prevent future infestations. Our proactive approach ensures that your home remains ant-free for the long haul.
- Excellent Customer Service: We value our customers and strive to provide the best customer service experience. Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is always ready to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide guidance on ant prevention strategies.
Don't let ants take over your home. Trust Truckee Meadows Pest Control for effective and reliable ant control solutions. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Ants are closely related to bees and wasps. They are social insects that live in colonies that have various specialized groups. Most ants in a colony are workers and do most of the foraging for food, raise the young, and defend the colony. Ants have three body segments head, thorax, and abdomen with a pinched waist. Most ants are identified by the type of antennae (elbowed or clubbed) and by the number of nodes in between the abdomen and thorax. Reproductive ants are winged and are often mistaken as termites. To be able to tell the difference, termites have two body segments and the same size pair of wings vs. ants having three body segments and forewings larger than their hind wings.
Ants species that frequently frustrate homeowners include:
- Carpenter ant – The carpenter ant is polymorphic meaning that there can be more than one size ant in the colony ranging from 1/8” to 1/2” with the queen up to 5/8”. Identified by having one node in between the thorax and abdomen and elbowed 12 segmented antennae without a club. They do not sting but their powerful jaws can produce a painful pinch. Carpenter ants attack wood that has high moisture content. They do not consume wood but cut galleries that leave behind sawdust-like shavings.
- Harvester ant - Fairly large 1/4 to ½ an inch and orange to reddish in color. Antennae are 12 segments without a club. They have two nodes between the abdomen and thorax. Found in fields their mounds are stripped of vegetation. The mound consists of small pebbles that have been excavated and usually have 3 entrances. Harvester ants are herbivorous and feed on seeds from the surrounding vegetation and are rarely found in homes. They will bite and have a mildly painful sting. There are two types of Harvester ants in Nevada the California Harvester and the Western Harvester.
- Pavement ant - This ant gets its name from commonly having its nest under cracks in pavement. Light brown to black with paler legs 1/16” to 1/8”. The antenna has 12 segments with a 3-segmented club. 2 nodes between the abdomen and thorax. Colonies are fairly large containing 3-4000 ants and several queens. Outside they live under rocks or in slab-constructed homes. Foraging becomes a problem in homes during the summer months.
“There was a bit of a mix up with the scheduling but it was easily addressed when I called. The service was excellent. The Gentleman that came out to do the work was professional, polite, and knowledgeable.”Melissa M.
Personalized Service Plans
All Technicians are NPMA Certified
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Locally & Family-Owned Business
24 Hour Response Guaranteed